Cairns Marlin MarinaCairns Marlin MarinaAndrew Rokstad
Superyacht Marina, 12 berths to 140m, Cairns, North Queensland
Location: 16 ° 55.5′S lat. 144° 47′E long.
Communication: VHF Channel 16 ‘Marlin Marina’
Port draughts: Shipping channel: 8.3m LAT.
Width of 90m and length of 13km
Access: via a channel 10km west of Cape Grafton
Located in the Cairns Central Business District, the Cairns Marlin Marina is the gateway to the spectacular cruising grounds of the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef. This unique positioning between a cosmopolitan city with an international airport and one of the Seven Wonders of the World, has created the need for a modern floating marina capable of servicing a variety of vessels.
The Cairns Marlin Marina, managed by the Ports North operations team, provides 264 berths to cruising yachts, commercial vessels servicing the Great Barrier Reef tourist market, game fishing fleet and super yachts up to 140 metres.
The Cairns Marlin Marina with its world-class superyacht facilities which provides berths for vessels up to 140 metres in length and 6.5 metres draft, is now recognised as the Superyacht hub of Australia. Vessels up to 60 metres can be accommodated on floating pontoon, vessels from 60 – 140 meters can be accommodated on the fixed wharf at Sailfish Quay in the marina.
The Cairns Marlin Marina featured in the best Megayacht Marinas around the World and was named one of the top 3 Superyacht Marinas in Australia and the South Pacific Region in 2009.
The review by award-winning magazine Boat International USA involved an extensive study of the world’s marinas including nominations from travellers. This highlighted Cairns as a world-class superyacht marina and confirmed the popularity of the destination for superyacht cruising.
• Alongside parking for Yacht crew vehicles.
• 5 min walk to the Cairns central business district, entertainment, restaurants and the Esplanade.
• Refit and Marine district Facilities a 5 minute drive away.
• All services, trades, provisioning suppliers have direct access for work and deliveries.
• Gated security including additional CCTV cameras.
• Bunkering: Superyachts berths can be accessed by 20,000 litre fuel trucks.
• Water and 15 amp power is available on all berths with 3 phase power up to 200 amps available on s selected berths.
• Very friendly staff
• Local and National Newspapers delivered daily.
The Marina includes the popular Salthouse bar and restaurant which has become a hub for crew. The marina sits alongside the Pier Shopping Centre and Shangri-La Hotel, Cairns Harbour Lights Apartments, the Hilton Cairns and the Reef Casino and Pullman Hotel complex– each with a variety of restaurants and shops.
Only a short walk to the Cairns Esplanade Lagoon, five-star hotels, shops, restaurants and the city’s vibrant nightlife, the Marina is a popular stopover for international yachts.
Add to this the proximity of the Cairns International Airport, 10 minutes away, and the Cairns marine and yacht refit precinct only five minutes away and you have the perfect haul-out and maintenance location for all vessels from the small cruising yacht to the largest super yachts.
Marina facilities and amenities include:
• 12 Superyacht Floating pontoon and Outside wall berths
• Wave barrier cyclone protection system
• Electricity and fresh water
• Fuel bunkering in the Marina
• Customs and Biosecurity clearance berths
• Bathroom amenities and laundry
• Waste disposal facilities
• Security card access to pontoons
• Security patrols, security lighting on dock
• 24-hour security and CCTV surveillance with 21 cameras monitoring and recording
• Along-side vehicle parking
• ADSL and broadband wireless internet connection
Both Diesel and ULP are available from the fuel berth. Bunkering is also permitted at the Superyacht berths.
Marina pricing for Superyacht berths: