Norship Marine is a family owned company that commenced operations in 1984 in response to a need for a refit and storage facility for the local commercial fishing fleet. Since then Norship Marine has grown to become the busiest shipyard in Cairns, providing a cost effective marine service centre for all types of clients and vessels including defence, commercial, pleasure, charter, sailing and luxury motor yachts.
An increasing number of visiting and North Queensland based luxury motor yachts is a growing sector for Norship Marine.
Please download our Capability Statement for a full overview.
Norship Marine can cater for its customer’s needs with the following facilities and equipment:
- 160 tonne travel lift (max 7.6m beam x 40m length vessel)
- 400 tonne travel lift (max 10.8m beam x 60m length vessel)
- 50 hard standing sites with power/ water and some with seawater for vessel air-conditioning
- Four mobile and fixed cranes of up to 70 tonne capacity
- Forklifts of upto 2.5 tonne capacity
- Elevated work platforms – 12 and 18m boom lift, 6m scissor lift
- Paint and blast sheds- fully enclosed for vessels to 27m
- Two wharves 60m and 30m, with crane access, power and water services
- Well equipped machine, hydraulic and boilermaking workshops
- Paint Shop and Chandlery
Norship Marine has highly qualified and accredited, technical and trade staff to [provide the following services:
- Abrasive blasting, application of anti foul and high quality paint finishes
- Fabrication and repairs of steel, aluminium and other metals
- Engineering and mechanical
- Complete vessel refit services
- Project Managemnet and technical assistance
Norship Marine’s highly experienced staff have been drawn from the shipbuilding and marine service sectors, and are capable and highly motivated to meet the various needs of our customers.
Although the commercial sector remains as Norship Marine’s core business, the company has diversified its activities into luxury motor yachts and private vessels.
Norship Marine prides itself on customer satisfaction and is highly rewarded with repeat bookings from our valued customers.
A growing business sector for Norship Marine is the complete refit of Government vessels including the Australian Custome fleet and the Pacific Nations Patrol boats. Norship Marine also performs scheduled refits as well as emegency docking of Armidale class patrol boats for the Royal Australian Navy and has secured all Australian Customs vessel work.