SYL started in 2004 as a small independent yacht and superyacht support outfit. Since then we have grown to six offices, two in Japan, and one in USA; with two more – with Australia opening in 2010. In 2011 we opened a second office in Australia and an office in the United Kingdom, and in 2012 our eighth office was opened in South Korea.
In 2016 SYL opened it’s latest office in Shanghai China, to further serve it’s Chinese clients and also yachts visiting Shanghai.
Why use SYL…
All SYL staff have been operational Captains and Crew aboard large yachts and some within the commercial maritime industry. All are highly experienced in all aspects of their respective fields.
This collective wealth of experience means we understand what yachts, owners, captains and crew require in the business of buying, selling, building, refitting, managing and operating large yachts.
SYL’s strength is in its independence. We offer a bespoke service to our clients that spans the entire industry. We have no dedicated affiliations to any yacht brokerage company, manufacturer or shipyard: our only bias is toward owners and captains that we represent.proudly remain an independent company and keep a personal feel and flexible approach to our service.
Our services include:
• Translator & interpreter services
• Language services for western yacht companies
• Yacht agents and full cruising support
• Parts & equipment supply
• Fuel Suppliers and Bunkering
• Temporary P & I coverage
• Tour Guides
• Onboard Interpreters and Translators (STCW 95)
• Typhoon/Hurricane Protection Plans
• Parts and marine equipment
• Port and Marina Bookings / Dry Docking / Maintenance
• Flowers and Provisioning
• Charts and Publications Service
• Mobile Phones and Communications
• Itinerary Assistance
• Helicopters / Jets and transportation